Saturday, April 14, 2018

Moonshell Beach by JoAnn Ross

Moonshell Beach by JoAnn Ross (New York: Signet, 2012)






If you want a fun beach read where the guy wins the girl, choose any of the Shelter Bay novels by JoAnn Ross.  The setting is a picturesque little town on the coast of Oregon called Shelter Bay.  It has a lighthouse on a cliff and a bevy of former Marines and Navy Seals.  I have only read the one book, Moonshell Beach, but I think all of the books in the series concern the love lives of these former military men and the women they meet while living in the little town. 

These books are escapism at its finest, with little doses of real life and real-world problems (at least, American real-world problems) to keep it interesting.  This book had domestic abuse, stalking, and paparazzi contributing to the plot. But you also get romance, beautiful, wealthy people, and a wedding.

The characters were interesting and flawed just enough to deepen the story.  I enjoyed the book. It was a quick read.  I’ll look for others in the series for light-hearted reading.  I give it three beach umbrellas.

⛱ ⛱ ⛱

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're Back! With a great book called Jane Steele

I'm back.  Sorry for the hiatus of about a year.  Sometimes, stuff you have to do gets in the way of things you want to be doing.  But I...